Thursday, April 19, 2012

School Is For Learning: Didn't You Know?

So my teacher, who happens to have her own class BLOG wants her students to answer a few critical questions in regards to our class. But before we get to that the best way to explain my teacher would be with this....



1. Whats been the most interesting concept?

Wikis! It's something that I never looked into previously and it's something I am going to continue to research. I really do believe it's an underused medium especially within business's and I can see business's adopting this tool more often in the future. Most people know what social media is and how to use it to an extent. In reality most people don't know how to use social media to their advantage whether that be personally or professionally and that's where I feel I have a growing advantage over most others. Wikis is an additional concept that I hope I can bring to the table moving forward. 

2. Most boring/ You could care less? Be honest.


The lecture on the history of technology could have been shortened up a bit. I think it's something that most of us have heard before in some manner. After browsing some of my classmates blogs I must agree that I would love if the class was a bit more hands on. The class is a bit of a learning curve for all of us, including you (the teacher), but hands on activities allows for all of us to learn and work together.

3. How do I think I'll be able to take what I'm learning here and apply it to the real world?

I'm taking lots of what I'm learning and already starting to apply it. I've already learned simple and easy things like screenshots and have started to use it in my more personal blog. I've also added new widgets to my blog after I've seen how to use them just from browsing other blogs as instructed to.
My personal blog has been active for 18 months at the end of April 2012 and I'll be over 28,000 hits in just a few days. One of my goals this summer is to get this blog off of Blogspot and on to it's own webpage. Additionally, I plan to start getting advertisers on my blog to get a little side income.

Professionally... I have lots of creative ideas on how to make myself stand out as an employee/entrepreneur, it's just learning how to set it all in motion. This class is helping me tune up on some skills as well as learn new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment