Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Shuffle To The Finish Line

With less than a month left of school I'm starting to ask myself why I took so many classes that require so much work. This quarter I signed up for 21 credits / 5 class. 1 classes is already done with, which is nice but I still have so much work to do. Add that onto everything else that is going on with life and it makes for 1 hectic last month of college.

Yesterday, I officially moved out of my apartment as I sub-letted it. That means I'm now sleeping on my friends carpeted basement floor for a total of 24 days. I tossed and turned a lot more than I normally do last night. Hopefully, I'll just get used to it. When I was 19 and transitioning from my first apartment to college I moved in with a friend and his family for 6 months. I slept on their carpeted basement floor that entire time so this has brought back a few memories.

My friend Andrew is coming in town this weekend from Chicago. That means more partying this weekend. In reality, I'm looking forward to not drinking much for a few weeks. This past Saturday I attempted an Athens Shuffle. We called it "The Sammy Shuffle" after my friends dog. All went well until we all got trashed around "The Pigskin". We did pretty good considering we started at the Oak Room. I also had a 22oz. beer from Buffalo Wild Wings and 2 beers at Grinders since the server accidentally gave me a beer for free. Or maybe it was my good looks that got that beer for free :)
Either way, that night did me in and then Sunday night I got food poisoning from some really old shrimp I ate in my fridge. My stomach is still recovering several days later.
I did design the "The Sammy Shuffle" logo for my shirt though.
This is what I call, made by hand.


I can be a competitive person occasionally and my Social Media Management class team was putting together a viral video for our final project. We settled on doing a food eating competition for local food shops in town. I was going to compete against the other 2 guys on my team but because of my crazy weekend of alcohol and food poisoning my stomach just wouldn't allow me to do so. Instead, I got to watch the two of them compete.
Fluff Bakery, GoodFellas Pizza, Bagel Street Deli, Wings Over Athens, Big Mamma's, and Obetty's all donated food for our competition. Much thanks to all of them for helping out college students on a college budget.
Check out our Athens Local Food Challenge.
All views & comments appreciated!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment